Optics.org News latest News from Optics.org
- U Penn develops optical method to detect O2 use in brainon 30. Novembra 2022. at 19:11
To obtain a detailed picture of cerebral metabolic rate of oxygen consumption.
- Flir announces partnership with RealWear, a developer of AR wearableson 30. Novembra 2022. at 17:11
RealWear adds thermal camera to its Navigator range; and Ulefone debuts cellphone with Flip Lepton camera.
- Femtosecond spectroscopy points to laser-tuned photosynthesison 30. Novembra 2022. at 14:11
Lund University images photosynthesis dynamics to show how gas emissions might be controlled.
- Fraunhofer speeds up virus analysis using laser-induced transporton 30. Novembra 2022. at 12:11
B-Cell-Immune project could allow faster response to new viruses and pandemics.
- Seno Medical launches optoacoustic imaging system for breast canceron 30. Novembra 2022. at 11:11
Combined with ultrasound, the 'Imagio' system helps distinguish between benign and malignant tumors.
- Nagoya presents CW lasing of deep-UV laser diode at room temperatureon 29. Novembra 2022. at 18:11
Development led by 2014 Nobel laureate Hiroshi Amano at Institute of Materials & Systems for Sustainability.
- Steerable soft 'fiber' robots could enhance medical applicationson 29. Novembra 2022. at 16:11
Using optical fiber making ideas enables development of soft robots with advanced motion control.
- Latest set of roll-out solar panels arrive at International Space Stationon 29. Novembra 2022. at 14:11
Arrays built by Redwire due to be deployed during spacewalks before the end of the year.
- OpenLight launches PDK for ‘unified electronic and photonic platform’on 24. Novembra 2022. at 12:11
Process Design Kit is said to enable rapid PIC designs with on-chip laser technology.
- Harvard SEAS’ ‘time-lens’ generates ultrafast laser pulses...on 24. Novembra 2022. at 10:11
...and PennEngineering develops develops “higher spec” microlaser chip for quantum-communications.
- Scantinel Photonics bags €10M for 'next-gen' lidar commercializationon 24. Novembra 2022. at 08:11
Dutch group PhotonDelta among backers of Zeiss spin-out developing FMCW technology for autonomous vehicles and industry.
- Artemis I Mission: Orion spacecraft orbiting – and imaging – the Moon...on 23. Novembra 2022. at 23:11
...while European ASCEND project to scope out viability of optically-linked data centers in space.
- ICFO and TinyBrains platform set to assist pediatric careon 23. Novembra 2022. at 15:11
Near-IR and diffuse spectroscopy can monitor oxygenation and cerebral blood flow.
- VCSEL-powered lidar to feature on new Changan caron 23. Novembra 2022. at 11:11
Hesai, which has partnered with Lumentum, to provide sensors for forthcoming electric vehicle.
- FAU optimizes performance and stability of organic solar cellson 23. Novembra 2022. at 11:11
Altering molecular chain length achieves a predicted lifetime exceeding 16 years.
- 2023 SPIE-Franz Hillenkamp Postdoctoral Fellowship awarded to Arutyun Bagramyanon 22. Novembra 2022. at 21:11
$75,000 annual award will support Bagramyan’s research into non-invasive imaging.
- German SMEs 3D-print metal parts ‘economically’on 22. Novembra 2022. at 19:11
BMBF project “IDEA” yields two demo production lines – showing that smaller firms can deliver AM products.
- Ocean grows analytical portfolio with Rigaku LIBS dealon 22. Novembra 2022. at 14:11
Acquisition of handheld laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy technology targets metal recycling applications.
- UTA (Texas) project aims to improve laser steering on self-driving carson 18. Novembra 2022. at 16:11
US NSF funding Weidong Zhou's group investigating beam steering device based on VCSELs.
- Viavi expands U.S. manufacturing capacity with new optical production facilityon 18. Novembra 2022. at 08:11
Plant in Chandler, Arizona, features the company’s most modern and efficient optical coating capabilities.