Optics.org News latest News from Optics.org
- ‘First’ demonstration of direct femtosecond-pulse emission by QCL in mid-infraredon 2. Decembra 2021. at 11:12
Achievement by ETH Zurich paves the path towards novel applications of ultrashort laser pulses.
- Retina-inspired motion detector assists machine visionon 2. Decembra 2021. at 01:12
Fudan University device is less bulky than existing motion recognition platforms.
- US researchers shrink camera to the size of a salt grainon 1. Decembra 2021. at 17:12
Princeton, Washington group says micro-camera is based on metasurface studded with 1.6 millon cylindrical posts; it can be produced like a computer chip.
- Ultrashort-pulse lasers tackle drug-resistant bacteriaon 1. Decembra 2021. at 15:12
Washington University laser treatment kills bugs and minimizes collateral damage.
- Researchers at KIT make 3D laser nanoprinters more compact, cheaperon 1. Decembra 2021. at 14:12
3D Matter Made to Order cluster shows how 3D nanostructures can be more economically printed by desktop devices.
- German team looks to photonics for faster virus diagnosison 1. Decembra 2021. at 14:12
Jena University Hospital coordinates new project focused on Covid-like respiratory infections.
- OmniLit targets optics and photonics company for mergeron 1. Decembra 2021. at 12:12
SPAC-financed ‘blank-check’ acquisition firm set up by Syntec Optics chairman Al Kapoor has just raised $144 M.
- Bristol’s Smart Internet Lab aims to deliver ‘quantum data center of the future’on 30. Novembra 2021. at 19:11
As part of UKRI’s £170 million ($225 million) Commercialising Quantum Technologies Challenge.
- Jena team’s metal optics recognized in Lothar Späth Awardson 30. Novembra 2021. at 15:11
Fraunhofer and Hensoldt Optronics technicians developed ‘GALA’ telescope that will map Jupiter’s moon Ganymede.
- Novel photo method focuses white light onto 6nm spoton 29. Novembra 2021. at 17:11
Researchers at University of California Riverside have developed a probe to compress lamplight into tiny spot for imaging microstructures.
- Trumpf's VCSEL heating system accelerates Li-ion battery productionon 26. Novembra 2021. at 15:11
Greater sustainability in e-car battery manufacturing enabled by compact VCSEL heating modules.
- Columbia develops visible light modulator that works without dimmingon 25. Novembra 2021. at 14:11
Based on micro-ring resonators to reduce the size and power demands of visible spectrum phase modulator.
- Jenoptik finds private equity buyer for Vincorion divisionon 25. Novembra 2021. at 12:11
The German company will be even more focused on optics and photonics technology following the sale of its mechatronics unit.
- Chip-scale microscope specified for high-throughput fluorescence imagingon 25. Novembra 2021. at 11:11
imec receives ERC grant to develop novel fluorescence microscope-on-chip; and new EC-funded scope project targets “superbugs”.
- Technion forms fluids into freeform opticson 25. Novembra 2021. at 01:11
Shaping and solidifying liquid could allow rapid prototyping of novel components.
- Valeo targets autonomous vehicles with lidar upgradeon 24. Novembra 2021. at 14:11
Third-generation system from French car parts giant said to improve range and resolution dramatically.
- IQE sales hit by currency effects and laser slowdownon 24. Novembra 2021. at 11:11
Epiwafer foundry has just appointed GlobalFoundries executive Americo Lemos as its new CEO.
- UCLA deep-learning reduces need for invasive biopsieson 24. Novembra 2021. at 10:11
Virtual histology of skin allows rapid diagnosis of malignant disease.
- Novel 2D perovskite compound promising for ultrathin solar cellson 23. Novembra 2021. at 18:11
Rice University’s “benchmark” achievement boosts efficiency while retaining material’s ability to cope with harsh environments.
- Sandia Lab uses fog chamber to optically test novel sensorson 23. Novembra 2021. at 14:11
Aim of dedicated test facility is to ensure safe performance of future transportation systems.