Optics.org News latest News from Optics.org
- Laser-based project to improve human lens refilling after cataract treamenton 10. Juna 2021. at 15:06
LZH working within a new research project with Rowiak GmbH to advance refinement method.
- First Solar to invest $680m to grow US manufacturing capacity by 3.3 GW per yearon 10. Juna 2021. at 13:06
New production facility in Ohio designed to produce enhanced thin film PV modules, from mid-2023.
- PACT creates in vivo 3D functional imaging of the brainon 9. Juna 2021. at 16:06
Latest advance from Caltech group demonstrates photoacoustic tomography as route to brain imaging.
- OFC 2021 presents photonic innovations addressing ever-increasing data demandon 9. Juna 2021. at 15:06
Virtual conference running through 11 June 2021; optics.org selects key product launches and announcements.
- Honeywell and Cambridge merger to form quantum computing gianton 9. Juna 2021. at 12:06
Deal includes $300M investment in quantum computing hardware based on laser-controlled ion traps.
- Project T-KOS to develop terahertz technologies for communications and sensor marketson 9. Juna 2021. at 12:06
Partners in year-long project include Research Fab Microelectronics Germany and several Fraunhofer institutes.
- LUCA device offers improved thyroid cancer screeningon 9. Juna 2021. at 01:06
Platform developed by ICFO combines spectroscopy and ultrasound analysis.
- Data-transfer tech, 3D-thermal camera, surgical sensors win at Startup Challenge 2021on 8. Juna 2021. at 17:06
SPIE’s annual pitch competition features two photonics-focused tracks, honoring six winners in healthcare and deep tech.
- imec collaboration integrates InP lasers with silicon photonicson 8. Juna 2021. at 15:06
Precision alignment with large-scale wafers to be offered as a prototyping service later this year.
- Toshiba team extends quantum link range past 600kmon 8. Juna 2021. at 14:06
Dual-band optical stabilization technique cancels out temperature effects that have limited the utility of quantum key distribution.
- Holograms increase solar cell energy yieldon 8. Juna 2021. at 13:06
University of Arizona-developed holographic light collector boosts panel efficiency by 5% over a year.
- Freeform optics instrument to help probe Venusian mysterieson 3. Juna 2021. at 23:06
'DAVINCI+' mission selected by NASA will investigate composition of Venus' atmosphere and whether the planet ever had an ocean.
- Jenoptik plans to expand its optics manufacturing capacities in Dresdenon 2. Juna 2021. at 15:06
Following rising demand from semiconductor sector, photonics group acquires new a property and will invest in cleanroom fab.
- EC names EuroQCI consortium members to plan quantum communication network...on 2. Juna 2021. at 14:06
...as Netherlands partners sign up for new Photonic Integration Technology Center in Eindhoven and Twente.
- Photosynthesis within the brain offers route to stroke recoveryon 2. Juna 2021. at 14:06
Huazhong University project applies near-IR to nanoparticles and algae for oxygen generation.
- ETH Zurich develops new route to deep brain imagingon 2. Juna 2021. at 10:06
Diffuse optical localization imaging allows microangiography without invasive surgery.
- ‘Light-shrinking’ layer converts regular microscope to super resolution imageron 1. Juna 2021. at 19:06
UC San Diego’s method coats microscope slide with metamaterial composed of fine layers of silver and silica.
- Research project aims to optimize 3D-printed parts for laser weldingon 1. Juna 2021. at 18:06
“QualLa” project is partnership of LZH and Institute for Integrated Production, both based in Hannover, Germany.
- Tunable lasers to monitor astronaut air for lunar landingon 1. Juna 2021. at 16:06
Dynetics wins NASA contract to produce laser air monitoring spectrometer system for Artemis III mission.
- Senorics readies pilot line with €8M venture supporton 1. Juna 2021. at 14:06
Dresden-based developer of tiny organic semiconductor sensors looks to mass-market spectroscopy applications.