Optics.org News latest News from Optics.org
- Novel 3D glass printing method works without sinteringon 7. Juna 2023. at 16:06
Low-temperature process developed at KIT delivers a variety of high-resolution optics products.
- Road safety enhanced by replacing hand gestures with holographyon 7. Juna 2023. at 15:06
Fraunhofer IOF led project MaMeK; compact projection system can be integrated into any car.
- Toshiba, Orange say quantum encryption compatible with existing data networkson 7. Juna 2023. at 12:06
Multiplexing approach allows quantum key distribution signals to co-exist with classical signals at distances up to 70 km.
- Extra production capacity boosts G&H sales figureson 7. Juna 2023. at 11:06
London-listed maker of optical components and subsystems reports a 32% rise in six-monthly revenues.
- Optical memristors set to make impact in computing and AIon 7. Juna 2023. at 10:06
University of Pittsburgh survey indicates how the technology can reach its full potential.
- ESA releases new Mars mosaic revealing planet’s composition in greater detailon 6. Juna 2023. at 18:06
Publication marks 20 years since the launch of the successful Mars Express mission.
- EPFL spin-off Nanolive develops microscope that inspects live cellson 6. Juna 2023. at 17:06
Company has just opened office in Boston, MA, US, with the aim of going public.
- Restructured Rockley emerges from bankruptcyon 6. Juna 2023. at 15:06
Founder Andrew Rickman returns to CEO role following major workforce reduction.
- New VCSEL offers simpler, cheaper OCTon 5. Juna 2023. at 14:06
Medical University of Vienna believes inexpensive source could allow OCT imaging at home.
- Optical processor developer Lightmatter raises $154M to take products to marketon 2. Juna 2023. at 10:06
Viking Global Investors, Google Ventures, and others join Lightmatter Series C — tripling firm’s valuation.
- Photonics research project targets wind turbine efficiencyon 1. Juna 2023. at 16:06
Royal Academy of Engineering grant to fund Aston's development of method to optically monitor blades.
- Lumotive partners with Hokuyo to ‘revolutionize’ 3D lidar sensingon 1. Juna 2023. at 13:06
LCM Optical Semiconductor tech for robotics and autonomous systems suited to industrial automation.
- Laser fusion startups win US Department of Energy backingon 1. Juna 2023. at 10:06
Xcimer Energy and Focused Energy among eight small companies sharing $46M to deliver pilot-scale fusion within a decade.
- ICFO nanosensor improves biomolecule detectionon 31. Maja 2023. at 20:05
Hybrid gold and aluminum structures maintain sensitivity in the presence of background signals.
- Nuburu ships blue lasers for industrial additive projecton 31. Maja 2023. at 13:05
'Multiple units' delivered to partner Essentium to be used in additive manufacturing systems suitable for making metal parts.
- European group tests efficiency of perovskite-silicon solar cellson 31. Maja 2023. at 11:05
Katana project led by Fraunhofer ISE with Oxford PV aims to characterize tandem modules.
- Bioinspired endoscopic system offers guide for cancer surgeryon 31. Maja 2023. at 11:05
UIUC sensor derived from mantis shrimp captures color images while resolving two near-IR probes.
- Flinders researchers discover new low-cost material for thermal imaging lenseson 31. Maja 2023. at 10:05
Development could extend technique to sectors previously limited by high cost of specialized lenses.
- US AIM Photonics launches new opto-electronic testing serviceson 30. Maja 2023. at 18:05
Expands access to client firms to advanced testing capabilities for prototypes.
- IQE, Mojo Vision advance RGB and blue micro-LED developmenton 30. Maja 2023. at 14:05
Epiwafer foundry releases RGB multi-wavelength platform; Mojo lights up 300 mm GaN-on-silicon wafer for blue emitters.