Optics.org News latest News from Optics.org
- MIT stacks LEDs vertically for high-resolution digital screenson 2. February 2023. at 16:02
Vertical multicolored micro-LED allows smaller pixels and higher pixel density.
- Mastcam-Z sees details of Martian dust dynamicson 1. February 2023. at 19:02
Video camera records movement of dust blown up by Ingenuity helicopter.
- Riken creates unique surface structures with GHz femtosecond burstson 31. January 2023. at 11:01
Interaction with silicon allows formation of periodic patterns rather than simple ablation.
- TU Vienna improves technology for generating X-ray laser pulseson 26. January 2023. at 13:01
Starting point is an ytterbium laser – rather than the conventional Ti-sapphire laser.
- Combining classical and quantum optics achieves super-resolution imagingon 26. January 2023. at 12:01
Colorado researchers’ new method of computational imaging improves rendering of biological samples.
- Simple laser treatments can cut non-melanoma skin canceron 25. January 2023. at 17:01
Treating patients with Facial K Carcinoma by non-ablative fractional laser ‘cuts repeat incidence by 50%’.
- EPFL and Korea group improves solar cell resistance to degradationon 25. January 2023. at 17:01
Michael Grätzel and Nam-Gyu Park (of Sungkyunkwan University) develop “facet engineering” to stabilise perovskite crystals.
- Rockley Photonics files for bankruptcyon 25. January 2023. at 15:01
Developer of optical 'clinic-on-the-wrist' is seeking to release $35M in cash via a restructure.
- ASML predicts 25% sales growth in 2023on 25. January 2023. at 12:01
Lithography system vendor sees no let up demand, despite geopolitical and inflationary pressures.
- ‘Lithium niobate is back’ for photonics and other roles due to manufacturing advanceson 24. January 2023. at 16:01
Australia-based scientists report on its electro-optical potential for space navigation, farming and more.
- Lockheed Martin achieves ‘first light’ in latest laser weapon demonstrationon 24. January 2023. at 15:01
Lab specified to verify beam quality of firm’s 50 kW-class laser architecture designed for the U.S. Army.
- European consortium guides lightning with high-power laseron 24. January 2023. at 13:01
Partnership with EPFL has installed laser system on Mount Säntis in Switzerland.
- Laser-cooled atoms to provide quantum gravimeter for satelliteson 24. January 2023. at 10:01
European project featuring Airbus to develop atom interferometer capable of monitoring changes in sea levels.
- Super-quick Covid-19 test uses new optical technologyon 19. January 2023. at 17:01
Norway’s NTNU and partners use graphene nanosensors to quickly detect coronavirus in blood.
- UCSB's Moody Lab develops new method for chip generation of single photonson 19. January 2023. at 13:01
Described in Nano Letters journal as “on-chip factory”, necessary for photonic-based quantum technologies.
- 3D camera collaboration uses longer-wavelength VCSELson 19. January 2023. at 11:01
1130 nm emitters from ams Osram enable outdoor operation for autonomous platforms.
- Optical coating approach prevents fogging and unwanted reflectionson 19. January 2023. at 10:01
Technology helps sensor and camera systems perform optimally by keeping optics transparent.
- UK National Grid selects Exfo for fiber-optic monitoring project…on 18. January 2023. at 17:01
…and Israel Electric and Prisma Photonics sign deal to monitor over 1,000 km of Israel's power network.
- Miniaturized analyzer prepares to join search for life on other worldson 18. January 2023. at 15:01
University of Maryland device has been tailored to suit needs of NASA space missions.
- Dispelix claims holographic waveguide breakthrough for immersive ARon 18. January 2023. at 14:01
Development of optical combiner with displays firm VividQ touted as a game-changer for nausea-free virtual experiences.