Optics.org News latest News from Optics.org
- Arizona students to gain remote sensing experience with Labsphere mirror systemon 15. June 2021. at 17:06
Field Line of sight Automated Radiance Exposure (FLARE) technique improves optical calibration for satellite and drone imaging.
- Quantum correlation offers clearer view of cell structureson 15. June 2021. at 16:06
University of Queensland exploits quantum entanglement for uses in Raman microscopy and beyond.
- Multi-spectral synthetic aperture sonar and 3D Laser imager key to new underwater AUVon 15. June 2021. at 16:06
Undersea cable inspection system developed by partnership of Dive Technologies and Kraken Robotics to start work later this year.
- Optical metamaterials to impact lens market 'within a year'on 15. June 2021. at 15:06
Analysts at Lux Research suggest that more prosaic applications - not invisibility cloaks - will dominate initial commercialization.
- Ottawa researchers develop ‘barrel-eliminating’ optical elementon 14. June 2021. at 23:06
The “spaceplate” is a new approach to manipulating light that could lead to paper-thin cameras, telescopes, and smart phones.
- Fraunhofer ISE and Netherlands AMOLF institute work on metamaterials applicationson 14. June 2021. at 15:06
International “MEEt” project aiming to adapt novel materials for solar cells, LEDs, optical sensors, and production techniques.
- Laser-based project to improve human lens refilling after cataract treamenton 10. June 2021. at 15:06
LZH working within a new research project with Rowiak GmbH to advance refinement method.
- First Solar to invest $680m to grow US manufacturing capacity by 3.3 GW per yearon 10. June 2021. at 13:06
New production facility in Ohio designed to produce enhanced thin film PV modules, from mid-2023.
- PACT creates in vivo 3D functional imaging of the brainon 9. June 2021. at 16:06
Latest advance from Caltech group demonstrates photoacoustic tomography as route to brain imaging.
- OFC 2021 presents photonic innovations addressing ever-increasing data demandon 9. June 2021. at 15:06
Virtual conference running through 11 June 2021; optics.org selects key product launches and announcements.
- Project T-KOS to develop terahertz technologies for communications and sensor marketson 9. June 2021. at 12:06
Partners in year-long project include Research Fab Microelectronics Germany and several Fraunhofer institutes.
- Honeywell and Cambridge merger to form quantum computing gianton 9. June 2021. at 12:06
Deal includes $300M investment in quantum computing hardware based on laser-controlled ion traps.
- LUCA device offers improved thyroid cancer screeningon 9. June 2021. at 01:06
Platform developed by ICFO combines spectroscopy and ultrasound analysis.
- Data-transfer tech, 3D-thermal camera, surgical sensors win at Startup Challenge 2021on 8. June 2021. at 17:06
SPIE’s annual pitch competition features two photonics-focused tracks, honoring six winners in healthcare and deep tech.
- imec collaboration integrates InP lasers with silicon photonicson 8. June 2021. at 15:06
Precision alignment with large-scale wafers to be offered as a prototyping service later this year.
- Toshiba team extends quantum link range past 600kmon 8. June 2021. at 14:06
Dual-band optical stabilization technique cancels out temperature effects that have limited the utility of quantum key distribution.
- Holograms increase solar cell energy yieldon 8. June 2021. at 13:06
University of Arizona-developed holographic light collector boosts panel efficiency by 5% over a year.
- Freeform optics instrument to help probe Venusian mysterieson 3. June 2021. at 23:06
'DAVINCI+' mission selected by NASA will investigate composition of Venus' atmosphere and whether the planet ever had an ocean.
- Jenoptik plans to expand its optics manufacturing capacities in Dresdenon 2. June 2021. at 15:06
Following rising demand from semiconductor sector, photonics group acquires new a property and will invest in cleanroom fab.
- EC names EuroQCI consortium members to plan quantum communication network...on 2. June 2021. at 14:06
...as Netherlands partners sign up for new Photonic Integration Technology Center in Eindhoven and Twente.