Optics.org News latest News from Optics.org
- ams Osram shows off VCSEL upgrade for driver monitoringon 26. May 2022. at 12:05
‘ICARUS’ proof-of–concept features a dot pattern projector to enable depth sensing.
- LASER 2022: Leibniz Institute and Fraunhofer ILT create lasers for climate researchon 26. May 2022. at 08:05
Partners report on how their laser measurement devices for exploring the atmosphere were received in Munich.
- Harvard SEAS’ diamond mirrors direct 10kW beams without damageon 25. May 2022. at 15:05
Single material surfaces withstand the heat from high-powered, continuous lasers – as shown by recent U.S. Navy testing.
- NASA backs diffractive solar sailson 25. May 2022. at 14:05
$2M funding for ‘Phase III’ study to develop more efficient space propulsion using solar pressure.
- Penn Medicine detects cancer at cellular level during biopsyon 25. May 2022. at 14:05
Cellvizio endoscopy could assist accurate discrimination during diagnosis of pulmonary nodules.
- European Union to establish photovoltaics industry allianceon 25. May 2022. at 12:05
Brussels identifies PV as the 'kingpin' of its move away from dependence on Russian fossil fuels.
- New source creates different images depending on light and environmenton 25. May 2022. at 10:05
Metasurface-based technology developed at St. Andrews could be used to optically encrypt information.
- NREL photocell extracts light power from heat at 40% efficiencyon 24. May 2022. at 16:05
Novel thermophotovoltaic cell beats previous record of 32% promising better thermal energy storage applications.
- Duke University photoacoustics reveals rapid brain activityon 24. May 2022. at 01:05
Hardware innovations plus machine learning create fastest photoacoustic imaging tool available.
- Raytheon and Kord develop Stryker-mounted 50kW laser for U.S. militaryon 23. May 2022. at 20:05
“High energy laser” system designed to counter threat from multiple mortars and large drone attacks.
- Hannover Fair to see first demos of industrial quantum sensors from Q.ANTon 23. May 2022. at 20:05
Next week’s expo to host Trumpf subsidiary’s novel apps for chemical, semiconductor, and engineering sectors.
- DARPA and CACI demonstrate optical satellite linkson 19. May 2022. at 16:05
Low-Earth orbit demonstration last month supports U.S. National Defense Space Architecture.
- Texas A&M University develops ‘superior’ shape memory alloy with LPBFon 19. May 2022. at 15:05
Laser powder bed fusion technique almost doubles maximum superelasticity previously achieved.
- Semiconductor equipment boom drives Zeiss to new highon 18. May 2022. at 16:05
Optics giant reports a 20% rise in sales in latest half-yearly accounts.
- Future Summits 2022: Big hitters pledge to reshore chip-making to EUon 18. May 2022. at 15:05
While imec honors Bill Gates with Lifetime Award for world (and industry) changing software.
- Future Summits 2022: imec and partners target net-zero emissions for chip-makingon 18. May 2022. at 01:05
Research center’s “sustainable program” includes the likes of ASML, Apple and Microsoft to reduce sector’s environmental impact.
- Fraunhofer Liftoscope sorts cells for cultivationon 17. May 2022. at 18:05
Platform combining microscopy and laser detachment of cells is among new tools for researchers.
- SiLC’s chip-scale lidar selected for Chinese robotaxi fleeton 17. May 2022. at 15:05
AutoX to deploy ‘Eyeonic’ vision sensor, based on frequency-modulated continuous-wave (FMCW) technology.
- Confident Jenoptik sees solid growth in core photonics businesson 17. May 2022. at 12:05
Strong order intake and sales figures following the latest reorganization of the Germany-headquartered company.
- Salience Labs raises $11.5 million for photonics-based processoron 17. May 2022. at 08:05
Ultra high-speed chips combining photonics and electronics will accelerate AI advances.