Optics.org News latest News from Optics.org
- Qioptiq Photonics expands optics capacity for semiconductor equipmenton 23. September 2021. at 11:09
€30M investment at Göttingen site of Excelitas Technologies subsidiary.
- UK Quantum Technology Hub plans optical network for precision timingon 22. September 2021. at 18:09
Project will mark the first time such a UK network has been extended to cover a large area.
- Profits up at Lumibird despite lidar slipon 22. September 2021. at 14:09
Strong performance in photonics and medical divisions sees operating income climb.
- GS Plastic Optics waveguides to feature in rapid Covid testson 22. September 2021. at 11:09
Supply deal with LightDeck Diagnostics includes $5M for expansion at Rochester production site.
- Columbia University cooks chicken with lasers honed to roaston 22. September 2021. at 10:09
Robotic platform, 3D-printing and wavelength selection allows customized cooking of meats.
- Mauna Kea and Johnson & Johnson launch new research collaborationon 22. September 2021. at 01:09
Agreement continues efforts towards validation of Cellvizio platform for lung cancer screening.
- SiLC hooks up with Hokuyo on chip-scale lidar for machine visionon 21. September 2021. at 15:09
Frequency modulated continuous wave technique moves machine perception closer to human visual cognition, says collaboration.
- UK breaks ground on £93M quantum computing centeron 21. September 2021. at 14:09
Quantum optics expert Professor Sir Peter Knight leads a formal ceremony marking the start of construction.
- OSA rebrands as 'Optica'on 20. September 2021. at 15:09
New name for The Optical Society references one of the organization's scientific journals.
- Jenoptik to boost micro-optics production in Dresdenon 17. September 2021. at 14:09
€70M investment in cleanroom facility will more than double capacity of precision components used in lithography equipment.
- UK armed forces to trial laser weapons from 2023on 16. September 2021. at 10:09
Three contracts for directed energy systems awarded to consortia, with total value of £72.5M.
- SPIE Security+Defence: Raman spots traces of buried landmineson 16. September 2021. at 01:09
Tests at Robert Gordon University confirm ways to remotely identify explosives in soil environments.
- NeoPhotonics aims tunable laser at coherent lidar for cars and robotson 15. September 2021. at 16:09
Optoelectronic component maker says its 1550 nm source enables automotive lidar systems to ‘see’ well beyond 200 m.
- Gigaphoton to build new excimer laser production facilityon 15. September 2021. at 15:09
More stable supply of key sources for semiconductor lithography equipment expected as production capacity is doubled.
- SPIE Optical Systems Design: freeform lens shrinks desktop laser cutterson 15. September 2021. at 12:09
Novel beam shaper developed at Vrije University Brussels also enables deeper cuts with compact diode laser systems.
- Optical lattice clock pioneers win Breakthrough Prizeon 15. September 2021. at 10:09
Hidetoshi Katori and Jun Ye recongized for improved precision of time measurement.
- SPIE Remote Sensing: Earth observations yield new insightson 14. September 2021. at 11:09
The ESA future observation program employs multiple optical technologies.
- SLIM technique assists Covid-19 detectionon 14. September 2021. at 01:09
Beckman Institute and partners employ spatial light-interference microscopy to spot virus.
- SPIE Security+Defence: TopGaN targets quantum with blue laser diodeson 13. September 2021. at 17:09
State-of-the-art optical clocks and quantum gravity sensors set to benefit from narrow-linewidth emitters.
- Optiswiss and Luxexcel collaborate on 3D-printed lenses for eyewearon 13. September 2021. at 10:09
Dutch and Swiss firms target prescription spectacles and AR smart glasses.